Natural...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This is natural, they say
It is all for the best
I cannot move past this heartache
This pain in my chest

Those days were surreal
Did this truly just occur
Happiness turned to sorrow
My life now a blur

This is natural, they say
I knew I was going to lose you
The most difficult emotion
There was nothing I could do

I am given no explanation
This is natural, they say
Were you pink or were you blue
My complexion is now grey

Trying to move on
A forward step everyday
I will always remember you
This is natural, they say

But the truth is,
it is not natural to one whom feels pain.
To feel such an emptiness inside, lonliness,
More like going insane.

I wake up every morning and see a mark
But not the image of you but a scar.
I shed hours and hours of tears in the dark
Pleading with God and saying “you’ve gone too far”

I know you are powerful and this too shall pass
But what about me…I know I didn’t fail your class.
Your class of motherhood, for you’ve blessed me twice
What exactly did I do wrong to have to pay this price?

“I would have loved with a love that was greater than a love” like-“Poe”
and believed that “Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love: it is the faithless who know love’s tragedies” like “Oscar” But what I’m missing here is that I am not faithless. I know love and how to love and what is needed to protect those loved. But as I could carry on with questions forever thru my life the only one that I really need answered is…

Why didn’t you trust me with what is so “natural?”

1 comments:

Startsumtin said...

Completely blown away. So this is what you were feeling all those nights?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP