To late...

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Life would be much easier
If I knew how to hate
To stand up for myself
Before it got too late

I always see the brighter side
The good in everyone
By the time I start to see the bad
I'm too attached to run

So I sit back and watch you play
Those stupid games of yours
You take away my opportunities
Close all my open doors

I wanted to believe it
When you murmured 'I love you'
But even as you held me close
I knew these words could not be true

You taught me a new kind of pain
The worst kind I think
It feels like you've ripped my heart out
But then I felt it sink

4 comments:

~Trema~ said...

Very well put, I think we have all been in this place!
Just be the better person and pray it will work out.
XOXO

Unknown said...

I can honestly say I am currently in this place of "Too Late"...I have this new pain that I can't describe and can't seem to get rid of...And I don't know how to run away...Thank you for this post!

SinSiNattie said...

Ladies it's a learning process that we must go thru it seems. But you should also know that God only puts on us what we can bare.

@Evita, my advise is to take some time out for just you. Put yourself in a selfish (for lack of better words) mode and be self focused only. Once we see ourselves for whom we are is when we may begin to heal. And don't ever doubt yourself and when the time is right (and you will know when) you will not run but walk tall with your head high! Stay strong and I am always here if you need me.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for your kind words and inspiration!...It is very much needed and appreciated!...I am going to try this and continue to pray and ask for guidance...

Thank you again!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP