What's in your Bible.???

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My sister had posted a very interesting post the other day on her Facebook page which showed me the side of her that I've always saw growing up. After reading it, it brought a smile to my face. See WE have a trait in us that merely just see “people”. Not their faults, discretions, and definitely not their sexuality. Her post was as follows:

"i know there will be a looooooot of people madd off this comment but understand i am me and you are you buuut...I LOVE GAY PEOPLE...i love their spirit and there kindness...am i gay? NO everyone knows who i am and of course i am not gay but i looooooove gay people and i really dnt care if anyone is mad at this...just sayin..."

As I watched for the shit to hit the fan due to this post, there was one in particular that stood out to me. This person basically said (and I am paraphrasing) that gay people do not bother her but then in the same breath said that they cannot get into the KINGDOM and that God does not approve.

Now! let me break out my bible and typically I wouldn't touch this but its moving me to a point to share my thoughts with you. And please by all means necessary leave a comment because this is a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE! Respect my views and I'll respect yours.

Yes, I believe that there is a GOD but do I think that through the years the bible has been influenced by "man" of course! As everything in this world has been. Now this is where I believe that I will hit a nerve with all this...GOD does not pass judgement so therefore its null and void what everyone says about what they believe is so sinful about homosexuality. This is where personally I believe that the bible is based on INTERPRETATION...again, we were not there! I don't recall rubbing elbows with Jesus and discussing homosexuality or heterosexuality at the dinner table at no point of my life.... And neither did my parents! So I believe that the ones that are using the "Bible" as a shield are only trying to justify their own personal beliefs. Who am I to tell you not to be happy with a MAN or a WOMAN? And who are you to speak so strongly about what the bible says if that's not your walk of life? Gay marriage legal in your state...really, you're wasting my tax dollars to deny someone's way of life. And why is this? What difference or care do you have with what goes on in someone else's house?

A response that my sister had to one comment was " i put that up because I have a lot of gay men around me who are ridiculed for that and I just recently went to a salon with two gay men in there...they are hillllllarious...they crack me up...I do not know any gay women that I am aware of other than the one who got shot down on my page...she came at me crazy but for some reason I really love gay men...they are fun to be around..."

See again, who are we to judge? And how can you be so ignorant to say such hurtful things to and about these people? They are always high spirited and upbeat and loving life as it is dealt. I just don’t know about some people! Well my sister nailed it when she responded to one particular comment with “my belief on that is that it might say that in the bible but it also talks about judging others and that there is only one God who has the right to do that...I am a God fearing woman and this is why I do not judge others. The Bible also gives ten commandments and those who dis obey them well lets just say those without sin cast the first stone...I know I am stoneless with that...I just love people for who they are I am not here to be judge”.

Now hang on because we about to dig into your "bible" a little and to the person that commented on my sisters page I really hope that you are reading... Okay, well the BIBLE says in Ex.21:15 "He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death." First of all, for those of you that don’t know what smiteth means… it is to strike (lightly or severely, literally or figuratively) so this means that anytime you hit someone you should be put to death! Do you agree with this….Didnt think so!

Lev.20:10 "And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death." … C’mon ya’l!, ya’ll wanted to go by the bible….so hmm…which one of ya’ll ready to die cuz you like “her” better or fell outta love with “him”….hmmm…. Didn’t think so!

And now I’m just gonna say “BOOM!!!” (as my friend Anthony says when he’s made his final statement) and end it all with this one for all you holier than thou folks… Dt.22:13-22 "If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you." And this right here….right here… (in my Kat Williams voice) is what my interpretation of this quite frankly this…. If your “boo” already got a baby daddy… She is NOT and virgin…smdh and you and the baby daddy have the right to stone her ass to death cuz she aint. Wow! Do you realize that that….wait….let me get my facts right… according to NSFG (National Survey of Family Growth) Percent of ever-married men and women who ever had premarital intercourse:
  • Women (15-44 years of age): 84.9%
  • Men (20-44 years of age): 91.3%



Crickets......Crickets......Crickets......Crickets......




Hmmm…..DIDN’T THINK SO!!!

In society where this is such a HOT topic! What are your opinions readers? And are you brave enough to leave a comment?!?!?
SinSiNattie

1 comments:

Startsumtin said...

Simply put; judge and you shall be judged.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP