Silent Cries Ever So Clear

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Man I've been thru a lot of crap in my life thus far...

What happens when you ignore a woman’s silent cries?
Tears asking for more, that simply go unheard,
Covering with lies to disguise the truth a man can not accept
Regrets, these things follow us so long
Well after the person has left and gone
And a man is left staring at the door, wondering
I don’t know what it was,
I could blame it on a thousand things
But I just wasn’t listening
With all the clutter of the real world I couldn’t avoid
I just couldn’t hear her
Too much noise in the background
I know there was a void and I tried to cover substance with empty promises
Thinking it could be traded and compensated
Thinking I could return again later
Making good on all that I swore I would
But sometimes, for all the promises, the realities are just not enough
And you are left, wondering
You are left wishing
Hoping
That that front door would just open,
That you’d hear the key crackling
And life would be the same again
In your heart, you know that this time would be different
That you’d make enough time, more than enough,
For every five minutes she needed to confide in you,
You’d give her an hour
For every moment she wanted to be next to you,
You’d give me a night full
For every time she wanted to see a movie ,
You’d give her a production
For every song she wanted to hear,
You’d choreograph a symphony
For every time she missed you,
You’d be there
Could she have really found love,
in the arms of another?
As time ticks
Wishes becoming silent tears
Memories become silent hauntings
Thoughts becoming silent fears
Feelings becoming silent wantings
The clock does tick,
And regrets, they follow us so long
Well after she has left
Well after she has moved on
With tears now running down a my closed eyes
I hear a key, finally turning in the door

1 comments:

MR.CEO ...URS TRULY said...

UR BLESSINGS ARE COMIN PLEASE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP